By now, most people know that chocolate is on the toxic foods for dogs list.
But there are a few other equally dangerous foods for dogs that can be just as life-threatening.
Grapes and raisins come as a surprise to many people, but these can cause kidney failure.
Macadamia nuts are also on the list as being extremely toxic, and don't forget that these could be included with any mixed nuts you have in your house.
Coffee, tea, and other sources of caffeine are off-limits to Golden Retrievers, along with any type of dough that contains yeast, such as homemade bread or rolls that are still in the rising stage.
Xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener used in chewing gum and some mints, can be very toxic to your pet.
Please note: Xylitol is now being used in several different peanut butter brands. Since many people give their Golden Retrievers peanut butter, check the ingredients!
One food that really surprised me a few years back, was onions. And this includes them, whether they are raw or already cooked, meaning you need to watch what table scraps you may be giving, if it has been cooked with onions.
Though the following are not actually foods, they are also very toxic for your Golden Retriever.
Pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (found in Tylenol) and ibuprofen (found in Advil) should not be given to your dog, even if you are just trying to relieve his pain.
Always consult your vet before giving your dogs any type of over-the-counter medicine that is made for people.
And of course, nicotine and alcohol can be toxic also.
Some of the items on this list, you might shake your head at and think, why would anyone give that to their pets?
Just remember this, canines are not known for their delicate taste buds, and are willing to try anything at least once!
So, to be on the safe side, always have these poisonous foods for dogs high up and out of reach!
Golden Retrievers, and especially puppies, love getting into, well, everything!
If you grow houseplants, make sure the ones you have are safe for your Golden.